In their “One Minneapolis” community indicators report, the Minneapolis Foundation confirms that in the aggregate, the academic performances of students of color declines from grades 6 through high school.
What we do……
- Help middle and high school students identify and live into values that support success – Provide culturally relevant mentoring for students focusing on life skills and other attitudinal imperatives;
- Organize learning experiences - Sponsor tours of businesses and schools, retreats and Saturday workshops;
- Celebrate student success and gather resources - Provide uniforms and other garments and supplies for middle-school students at Lucy Craft Laney and Sponsor an annual teacher and staff appreciation breakfast;
- Sponsor an annual weekend intensive leadership development camp for Lucy Laney mentees;
- Mobilize community prayer for our students, families, and school faculty