Workforce Solutions/Connections to Success
A Chinese proverb says, “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” With a commitment to social entrepreneurship we demonstrate our genuine concern for our neighbors and love for Christ. This focus area calls us to advance the economic, social, environmental and spiritual good of all people by elevating their quality of life and their innate human dignity.
- Build workforce readiness and paths to successful employment through community-based, collaborative initiatives that help unemployed and underemployed individuals acquire certified training and employment in jobs providing career paths;
- Our work is built upon lessons learned in two recent pilot projects based in North Minneapolis that cultural responsiveness and consistent support are critically important elements in the helping individuals emerge from poverty.
- Our services connect strategically with nonprofits, congregations, employers and educational institutions.
- We uniquely incorporate career coaches in our package of holistic services.
- Through our Economic Development Council, city and suburban leaders are cooperating to construct networks of employers and volunteer career coaches.
- Help identify jobs providing entry level positions with a career path;
- Share the message through your congregation's/organization's media; newsletters, employee community service groups, etc.;
- HR officers can contact us;
- Become a member of the Hope Economic Development Council;
- Donate to support Hope United CDC's Workforce Solutions.